· 1 1 1/4-pound top sirloin steak (about 1 inch thick)
· Peppercorn mélange, coarsely ground (I used McCormicks seasoning)
· 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
· 11/2 teaspoons olive oil
· 1 cup pomegranate juice
· 4 teaspoons (packed) golden brown sugar
· 2 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar,
· 4 cups collard greens
· Sprinkle steak very generously with coarsely ground peppercorn mélange and salt. Sprinkle each side of steak with half of chopped rosemary. Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak; cook to desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer steak to platter.
· Add pomegranate juice, golden brown sugar, and 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar to skillet; boil until reduced to scant 1/4 cup glaze, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Season glaze to taste with salt.
· Slice steak; divide and arrange alongside collard greens. Drizzle glaze generously around steak and serve
· I served this with mashed parsnip and rutabaga, which I boil in ½ milk and ½ H2O then mash using some of the fluid mixture in which it is boiled.